PICI (Paekākāriki Informed Community Inc) are looking for a motivated, experienced and locally plugged in community member to take up a contract that will involve we estimate four-eight hours per week over an initial six month contract with a fee equating to $200 per week.
This is the all-important position of editor of Paekākāriki.nz our new village web landing place. You will report to the managing editor, and editorial collective who have been developing the site.
Expressions of interest with a covering email letter and CV are due to email@example.com by Monday 8 October at 9am. Enquiries Mark Amery 027 3566 128. A shortlist will be interviewed and decisions made by the editorial collective with final approval from PICI.
Have strong editing, writing, social media and project coordination skills.
Know the Paekākāriki community well and have had active community involvement.
Be self-motivated and good at working independently
Have a strong attention to detail and strong people skills.
This is a paid part-time contract available on flexible terms. You will need to provide your own computer. It will be for a maximum of eight hours a week and we expect a minimum of four hours a week over the six month contract.
The purpose of the role is to keep Paekākāriki.nz up to date, introduce it to new listers and community members, request, commission and edit new content in liaison with the editorial collective and promote new content within the village.
Your role will involve:
1.Weekly seeking, proofing and posting new event listings, new paid directory listings and developing associated pages
- Monthly commissioning and editing new stories and images.
- Weekly promoting features of the website in social media and offline in the community.
- Developing good relationships and networks with Paekākāriki organisations and varied stakeholders.
- Developing various forms as required and maintaining databases as required.
- Develop and write editorial, and develop newsletters or other informative material as required.
The Coordinating Editor will be expected to be able to work independently, but will be briefed and guided by the managing editor Mark Amery and editorial collective. meeting with the latter once a month.
This is a contract for an Independent Contractor for an Initial Period of 6 months with the potential to extend on new terms. The Contract Fee for the Initial Period is $5,200.
- Knowledge of and strong diverse relationships within the community
- Proven editorial and writing experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good thorough documentation skills
- Good budgeting and project management skills
- Confident, dynamic, tenacious and self-motivated
- Understanding and experience working with website content management.
- Sales and PR experience
- Experience in negotiations
This position is funded collectively from contributions within the Paekākāriki community.
For more information about the site, the editorial collective and PICI go to: http://paekakariki.nz/about-this-site/