What does good growth look like for you? KCDC are consulting on their proposed approach for enabling sustainable growth in Kāpiti over the next 30 years. Have your say before Friday 19 November.
Kāpiti is growing and we all want to grow well. This means planning boldly but holistically so we can flourish. Your feedback on this proposed approach to growing well will inform the development of a growth strategy for our district.
Council’s job is to create the vision and framework to encourage diverse and quality development. We will do this through our growth strategy, our District Plan and how we apply Government requirements for land use and building densities.
This consultation sets out KCDC’s proposed approach to enabling sustainable growth. It considers various constraints including Government requirements for development. It reflects and provides shape to what Council have already heard through your feedback on the Long Term Plan 2021-2041 about what matters most to you as we grow.
Proposed approach in brief
KCDC’s work has shown that ‘growing well’ in Kāpiti could be achieved by:
- Growing both up and out, with a mix of intensification and greenfield development
- Protecting, enhancing and living sensitively with our beautiful whenua, wai, natural habitats and green spaces
- Offering different kinds of homes and more options for how people live (including papakāinga, apartments and semi-detached and terraced houses)
- Revitalising our centres; encouraging more mixed uses, places to connect and a bigger range of businesses and services to support people’s everyday needs to live, work and play in Kāpiti
- Improving access and transport options, making our communities more connected and accessible, and reducing our carbon footprint
- Protecting spaces for business and industry and our highly productive rural areas.
The proposed approach includes an implementation plan that sets out a roadmap for implementing the finalised growth strategy. This includes how we will work with iwi, central government agencies, developers, and our community to deliver our objectives through tools including through the district plan, Infrastructure Strategy and the Wellington Regional Growth Framework.
Ways to have your say
First, read KCDC’s proposed approach to enabling growth in our district over the next 30 years. Then, have your say on the proposed approach by taking their short survey.
Ways to make to a submission:
- Complete the online consultation
- Fill out or print the Growing Well PDF submission form and email it to KCDC at [email protected](External link), drop it into any of our public libraries or mail it to:
Freepost Authority Number 166326
Attention: Growth Consultation
Kāpiti Coast District Council
Private Bag 60601
Consultations close at 5.00pm Friday 19 November 2021.