Mental health support! We have a group of retired counsellors willing to talk online or by phone (not replacing professional counselling!) 9am- 9pm. If you’re worried about a friend, encourage them to call or get permission for one of our counsellors to call. We don’t want to replace good ol’ natural and neighbourhood supports. Ph Sylvia Bagnall to coordinate a chat: 021744485.
- Stay connected to those who make you feel safe and loved.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you’re feeling overwhelmed. It’s an overwhelming time.
- The Ministry of Health has created a new section on their website with wellbeing tips, answers to FAQs and tikanga advice.
- You can free call or text 1737 at any time to speak with a trained counsellor from the Mental Health Foundation – it’s free and confidential.
- If you need a break from constant streams of news and would like some more headspace, you can sign up to RNZ’s COVID-19 email newsletter. It gives you reliable updates from around the world at 5.30pm every night.