This web platform is managed, developed and run by the Paekākāriki community for the community. For it to survive we require the collective support of all. Hundreds of Paekākāriki writers, photographers, businesses and supporters are contributing to this site’s content in payment or work – if you live here, we ask you to join them. We need to do this together.
All funding goes to support a paid part-time editor to keep the site updated for everyone weekly. Our publishing collective continues to administer the site on a voluntary basis – that is their contribution.
How can I support?
- We can provide a high-profile listing that gives a direct link to your website and showcases your logo for only $75 a year, email to sign up for this bargain advertising for your business or service.
- Want to help? You could support us with $75 a year (or of course more). Email us. We’ll list you on this page as a supporter unless you prefer to stay anonymous.
- Visit our Givealittle page and contribute a one-off lump sum donation – again let us know if you’d rather not be listed on this page, else we’ll be beaming your name up on our list of supporters.
- Yes we have charitable status so you can claim your contribution back.
- If you have a service to offer the community – be it hair braiding or plumbing, beekeeping advice or if you make beeswax food covers – we want to list your service. It’s for everyone!
- Contribute in other ways – we need contributions of stories, images, editorial services, baking and ideas. Email our editor.